Wonks discussions – January 2023
Happy Belated New Year fellow Wonks!
The new year has brought insightful discussions, market research topics, news, and more. Below is a summary of some key topics members are talking about:
LinkedIn Posts and Updates:
Follow our LinkedIn page for updates, episode announcements, and lively discussions.
Job Opportunities (2):
- New Job Seeker: Katy Mitchell
- Data Scientist – Data ImpacX
Looking to fill an open position? To add a job listing, click here.
Interested in a new job opportunity? To add a “job seeker” listing, click here.
New Events (3):
- ANA: 2023 ANA Media Conference presented by A+E Networks
- The ARF: What Brands Did in 2020
- 4A’s: Perpetual Disruption: The Path to Change
Are you heading to an event? To post a listing, click here.
Looking for Contacts/Partners:
Are you looking for a specific contact at a company? Check out the inquiries listed below:
- Brand lift partners for podcast advertising
- Data partners in the U.K. that sell script-level data
- Contacts at GWI Similarweb and Plan Metrix
- Sweepstakes vendor recommendations
- Partners who run organic growth or manage social media for an e-commerce brand. Especially if they’re in the Dating App or FinTech space
- Deterministic panels with high-quality age/gender data
- Firms hiring for a summer internship
- The University of San Francisco is looking for organizations that have market research projects that graduate students can work on.
Discussions, Updates, & Inquiries:
- A discussion on the purchase-rate of a CPG product vary with its seasonality
- Social ROAS decreasing across large enterprise clients
- Inquiry about an old paper by Dr. Ben Lipstein. The paper discusses using eigenvalues and eigenvectors to understand brand loyalty patterns from switching matrices
- A discussion on the ultimate brand loyalty survey and insight on brand loyalty shifts, as well as the identification of a new, predictive paradigm for loyalty
- Insights on van Westendorp pricing, particularly the relationship between the Indifference Price Point and the Optimal Price Point
- Data on-hand regarding HUTs or PUTs by day of the week
- Recent studies on sample dropout levels concerning survey length
- Recommendation for advertising videos fans!
- A source that details the percentage or number of people that traveled to specific U.S. destinations from specific states
- Suggestion for a source for how U.S. kids/teens use video/platforms/devices based on usage, day, time, etc.
- Recommendation for an end-to-end panel management shop
Don’t Miss our Podcast!
Episode 4 of “Measured Response: The Half Hour That’s Not Wasted” is here! Here we discuss the changes in brand strategies, tactics, and measurement mechanisms during the Great Transformation of advertising targeting and measurement. https://lnkd.in/ecVDu2GE
Let us know what you think!
Follow us on Social Media:
Let’s keep the conversations going! #Wonks #WonksDiscussions