Wonks discussions – First half of June, 2020
- Discussion of whether the political market research world learned anything from 2016 predictions
- Use of various providers to compliment or improve on US census data for population and demographic profiles
- Active discussion of steps list members can take to identify diversity in suppliers, with suggestions offered. The parallel issue of minority recruitment into the industry is also part of the thread.
- Vendors sought for online video testing with multiple vetted suggestions offered.
- A good question: Why is digital still so far behind CPG in measurement?
- Asking ethnicity vs. race in market research (with the rare unambiguous answer)
- Lengthy discussion on the background and implications of the executive order on social media