At Volta we’re on a mission to accelerate the adoption of the electric vehicle. Volta creates city-wide electric vehicle charging networks in major metropolitan areas. Our charging networks are monetized through brand sponsorships and digital media content. We’re seeking a Manager, Consumer Analytics and Insights to join our Data and Insights team to help develop and enrich our storytelling ability through data. To succeed, you will tap into both sides of your brain to analyze and form a complete narrative, identifying the value and fit of the Volta audience to our external partners.
As Manager, Consumer Analytics and Insights, you’ll be a vital member of Volta’s Data and Insights team focusing on a core set of data insights’ products, clients and bespoke projects. Your responsibility will be to serve as the day to day point of contact for Volta’s consumer data offering, serving our fast-growing strategic customers that span CPG, Retail, Entertainment, and more. Your goal will be to own the creation of streamlined insight offerings, serve as a trusted adviser to our internal teams and our clients, and launch innovative next-generation offerings that will support Volta’s growth objectives by harnessing consumer data.
This position can be based in San Francisco or New York and will report to the Vice President of Research and Data Insights.
• Develop a deep understanding of Volta Consumer Data solutions and services, ensuring alignment in measuring and reporting on the business goals and objectives of the client
• Regularly leverage Volta’s consumer data to deliver analytic insights, data products, and data-driven stories that address Volta’s strategic goals of increasing sales and improve marketing effectiveness
• Work to develop, prototype and pilot new models and data solutions to enhance measurement and insights capabilities
• Leverage the voice of customers to help drive the growth of our capabilities in a customer-led way
• Directly support sales efforts as a subject matter expert
• Interface directly with sales, product, network, business operations, engineering and data science teams, supporting customer-driven analysis
• Collaborate with data insights associates to help storytell on delivery, emphasizing on areas of success and growth
• Be a thought-leader within and outside of Volta’s walls
• Travel, as required, to support the above responsibilities (when conditions permit)
• Experienced statistician with Bachelor’s Degree (required) or Master’s Degree (preferred) with 10+ years relevant experience
• Hands-on, industry experience in working with consumer data, serving clients in Brand Marketing, Market Research, Category Management and/or Shopper and Consumer Insights roles
• Proven statistical/data analytics training and expertise, with demonstrable client outcomes/track record across multiple industries/verticals
• Data explorer with a keen ability for finding the right data points to answer business questions and create compelling stories, and a working knowledge of audience creation
• Knowledge of industry consumer data/insight product offerings including, but not limited to, syndicated research, panels, measurement, attribution, media mix modeling, etc.
• Functional knowledge of BI and visualization tools including Tableau, Looker, PowerBI, Microstrategy
• Desired technical skills: statistical analysis, database marketing, predictive modeling, logistic regression, customer acquisition, data mining, strategic insights, segmentation, offer targeting, strong SQL, Python, R, and general querying capabilities • Proven consulting skills: conceptualizing, analyzing, deriving insights from data and designing an execution plan to derive results from insights
• Project management skills: prioritization, training, and tactical execution
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present directly to clients and prospects with varying levels of data acuity
• Proven track record for working independently and in collaboration with other organizational teams Bonus Points
• Passion for driving change and leaving a lasting footprint
• Experience working within a startup and evolving a brand
• Naturally curious and lifelong learner with an entrepreneurial spirit Volta Charging focuses on Clean Technology, Advertising, Location Based Services, Automotive, and Advertising Platforms.
Their company has offices in New York City and San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that’s between 51-200 employees. To date, Volta Charging has raised $266.455M of funding; their latest round was closed on January 2021.