Standard Media Index (SMI), the most trusted source of ad intelligence, is looking for a NYC-based Data Engineer to continue to expand on the company’s excellent growth over the past several years. Clients today include leading TV network groups, studios, digital publishers, brands, and advertising technology companies.
The role will be responsible for helping to support existing data-driven products, along with supporting the buildout of future analytically focused products. The role will report to the company’s Head of Analytics & Insights, along with heavy collaboration with SMI’s Head of Technology, Head of Product, and Head of Data Operations. The right candidate will have an established track record of architecting, implementing, and managing environments in AWS, will have a familiarity with Microsoft dev stacks, experience writing quality documentation, experience in continuous improvement, experience working with other developers, project managers, ETLs and/or data pipelines, and experience collaborating with off-site developers. They must understand and/or have a strong desire to learn about the media landscape, as well as the data services that support this market.
The right person will be organized, highly focused on process and execution, able to thrive in a fast-moving environment, and will welcome the ability to make an immediate impact with stakeholders across the company.
- Support existing products and environments, and lead the execution of future analytical products
- Possess excellent technical skills
- Consistently demonstrate timely, collaborative, and value-driving contributions to projects
- Exhibit and/or develop a great understanding of the ad market, and the data leveraged in it
- Work closely with Project Management to ensure timely completion of deadlines
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of prior experience in a similar role managing ETL, automation and programming
- 2+ years of experience with Java, and Spring framework is a plus
- Strong proficiency with .NET and the Microsoft Dev stack, Microsoft SQL and a scripting language such as Python
- Extensive AWS experience including S3, Redshift, Lambda
- Ability to develop and maintain ETL processes and creating APIs
- Experience working with project managers and remote teams
- Experience and/or willingness to collaborate with an off-site dev team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel a plus
- Experience with and understanding of advertising and media data, in particular, is a big plus
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a willingness to go the extra mile to find solutions and overcome roadblocks
- Ability to multi-task, and manage changing priorities and work under pressure
About Standard Media Index
Standard Media Index (SMI) is the most trusted industry source for accurate ad spend data. We offer real-time, decision-grade data sourced directly from the booking systems of the world’s largest media agencies. Headquartered in New York City, SMI provides the only clear picture of how ad dollars are moving across the market to help fuel growth and drive better decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org