Your Role is Critical to Subtext’s Success
Sentient Insights is seeking a Strategic Research Manager, Subtext to architect fact-based narratives and perspectives for blue-chip brands and clients. Reporting into the V.P. of Subtext, this is a vital role for a growing storytelling competence. This is a unique growth opportunity responsible for mining and telling the stories that matter by helping brands connect empathy with business outcomes.
You will join our growing Subtext storytelling team within Sentient Insights, and work across and within a team of consultants, analysts, and marketers to evaluate advertising creative. You will become an expert at utilizing Sentient Insights’ best-in-class behavioral science-based advertising product, Subtext®, the only ad test that reveals how emotion drives impact. Qualified candidates carry a curious, creative, and critical skillset. Location is flexible but the New York City metro area is preferred.
As a Strategic Research Manager, You Will
- Discover, Integrate and Facilitate fact-based stories on the effectiveness of advertising.
- Work closely with the V.P. of Subtext & Client Service to present and deliver evidence-based narratives.
- Communicate dynamically in PowerPoint, in conversations, in white papers, etc.
- Evaluate advertising creative to provide macro (strategic) and micro-level (by second) suggestions.
- Become an expert storyteller, weaving themes and narratives into compelling presentations.
- Become an expert in Sentient’s Subtext® proprietary design, technology, and techniques.
- Have a meaningful voice in the scaling and growth of the Insights team.
- Collaborate dynamically across teams to represent the closest, actionable truths.
- Find new ways to investigate and inspire Sentient’s clients.
- Mine advertising, marketing and business data to inform a view of relevant and actionable insights.
- Work with V.P. to generate, present, and publish documentation related to case studies, executive summaries, and industry presentations.
- Work with the Subtext® Operations team to improve team efficiency and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years’ insight/storytelling experience, particularly with Marketing or Advertising background.
- Adaptative and dynamic communicator and facilitator. Works extremely well in collaborative settings, across and within teams, and across communication styles and methods.
- Feeds off enthusiasm, resourcefulness, resilience. Possesses a gritty problem-solving approach to challenges and unknowns.
- Demonstrated background in advertising creative strategy and/or marketing consulting. Previous experience strongly preferred.
- Comfortable across market research techniques, from sampling, to survey design, to quantitative statistical analysis. Some experience with techniques like Choice-Based Conjoint or Maxx-Diff is preferred.
- Behavioral Science research familiarity.
- Detail-orientation with haste. Much work in Subtext® Insights requires quick, deep thinking and specific communication.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a nontechnical audience with a clear point of view.
- Experience leading and developing growth of other team members.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively and quickly.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with statistical software packages, like SPSS and Q, and applying statistics to solving business problems.
- Right combination of critical thinking, entrepreneurial resourcefulness and creative mindset.
- Interested in detailed analysis, as it relates to a bigger picture purpose.
- Insatiable curiosity to bring empathy to advertising.
- Strong curiosity and passion for understanding human behavior.
- Background in Marketing & Advertising, Market Research, (Behavioral) Psychology, Sociology, or related fields is preferred.
ABOUT SENTIENT DECISION SCIENCE
Sentient Decision Science was founded in 2007 with a mission to increase empathy for the human condition. By providing scaled access to human emotion and its cognitive antecedents, Sentient Decision Science delivers new insight into human behavior and the reasons behind that behavior. Sentient Decision Science is the parent company of Sentient Labs and Sentient Insights. Sentient Labs builds behavioral science-based technologies that more accurately predict and explain behavior. These technologies measure human emotion, attention, and neural network associations in the mind, enabling businesses, governments, and individuals to better understand the human experience. Sentient Insights builds business insights products using the theories, techniques and technologies developed by the Sentient Labs. These products are automated and bring the benefits of behavioral science to business at scale. For more information, go to www.sentientdecisionscience.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org