Resonate is disrupting the marketing and advertising landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together real-time survey data and insights on over 230 million consumers and online behavioral data all in one platform. Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly targeted audiences by uncovering 13,000 individual attributes that identify their underlying values, beliefs, and motivations. We get to the heart of ‘why’ consumers do what they do and the products, companies and causes they support.
We have an excellent technology culture that focuses on results, values collaboration and loves solving hard problems. We are a team of voracious learners who believe that technology is a journey, not a destination and we actively support ongoing education and experimentation.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment and possesses a natural bent towards innovative thinking and making an impact. They must also possess excellent communication and organizational skills that are expected from any strong product managers. If you are an engaged team-player and like to break innovative new ground, we want to hear from you.
We value team members who are creative, focused, collaborative, and technically curious. We are looking for people who have opinions, share ideas and know how to get work done.
About the Position
We are looking for a talented Survey Research & Operations Manager to help drive Resonate’s National Consumer Study execution. With strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind you will shape the research that will inform the decisions of Brands, Agencies, Political Campaigns, and Media & Entertainment companies. This position develops the survey itself and the resulting data that informs everything that Resonate does and will be exposed to innovative methodologies leading the market.
Successful candidates will:
- Understand customer and partner needs and use them to inform question creation based on the answers that will be most useful to them now and in the future.
- Have an intuitive understanding of what will be necessary to turn data into information and how to turn information into knowledge.
- Strong command of primary, secondary, and quantitative methodologies, and procedures, to determine the best ways to ask questions
- Have an understanding of how survey flow and question order align in order to create a coherent survey
- Have previous experience programming a survey (Beacon, Qualtrics, SurveyGizmo, SurveyMonkey, etc.)
- Review existing categories within Resonate’s surveys and ideate and execute on vertical-specific improvements that ensure relevance of Resonate’s research
- Write, design, and program high quality survey questions for the Resonate National Consumer Study and custom research
- Work with stakeholders surrounding new question development for the coming year, as well as for the next survey wave
- Draft questionnaire design for bespoke surveys and liaison with Customer Success Managers and Sales Engineers to drive research outcomes that delight clients
- Monitor data collection to ensure that the survey fielding, both at the macro level, and at the individual elements level are performing at optimum levels and meeting quota and other survey fielding requirements
- 2-4 years’ experience in survey development and survey programming
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Experience writing and researching for business or professional audiences
- Ability to proof-read and edit questionnaires while providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Willingness and ability to pick up new quantitative skills and market research methodologies as necessary and apply them in new contexts
- Ability to do independent research to best understand nuances of complex and unfamiliar topics
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal guidance or oversight
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working in a software engineering company, especially in a startup environment
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with statistical software tools
- Experience with advanced features of Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
Resonate is a pioneer in A.I.-driven consumer data & intelligence. The Resonate Ignite Platform™ seamlessly enriches any data with the deepest understanding of the U.S. consumer and then integrates into the marketing ecosystem to drive insights into action. Resonate Elements, our proprietary consumer data set, has more than 13,000 attributes, including the Human Element that describes why consumers choose, buy, or support certain brands, products or causes. Hundreds of leading brands and agencies use Resonate to better understand their customers and prospects and power decision-making from strategy and execution to drive growth and revenue across the customer lifecycle.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Resonate is privately held and backed by Argentum Capital Partners, Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners and iNovia Capital. Resonate has been named a best place to work for the last 7 years.
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.