Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Planning & Operations Director will play an instrumental role in building the portfolio management function within Nike’s Consumer Insights organization and oversee end-to-end execution across multiple cross-disciplinary workstreams.
This person should have demonstrated experience in program management methods and standards, effective collaboration and coordination across multiple partner groups, and excellent organization and communication at all organizational levels. This role requires someone who is strong at building relationships across functions to align strategies and drive execution. This individual brings operations and process excellence, strong partnering skills and experience operating in a large matrixed organization across multiple internal and external partners with competing priorities. The ideal candidate for this position has experience working across quantitative applied analytics, qualitative research and / or consumer insights disciplines to possess an understanding of the functional expertise of Consumer Insights and its application and integration into business decision making.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a key member of our Scaled Insights & Analytics team, you will be a critical partner to our Insights functions to build and manage program management processes to ensure proper coordination and execution of activities related to pipeline prioritization and workflow management, communications, budgeting and training. You will play equal parts problem solver and doer, tackling the roles of strategist, coordinator, and enforcer of best practices within your partner function. You will also collaborate with your Scaled Insights & Analytics counterparts to drive cross-functional coordination, enable multi-disciplinary deliverables, measure internal Key Performance Indicators and ideate future improvements and innovation to pipeline management and prioritization, while contributing to building an inclusive team environment that inspires a diversity of perspectives and bold ideas.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be a part of the Scaled Insights & Analytics team within Nike’s Consumer Insights organization, which includes responsibilities for Portfolio Management, Planning, Training and Shared Services. You will be a critical partner to one of our sub-functions (Consumer & Market Research, Marketing Science, Nike Direct Analytics or Data Science). You will also partner closely with Communications, Product Management, Integration & Activation and our Geography partners.
WHAT YOU BRING
– 10+ years of Program Management experience; self-motivated, with a solid sense of accountability, bias to action, and drive.
– Expertise in full funnel integrated planning, resource & capacity planning and execution for insights and / or technical teams.
– Experience leading large program management efforts, including establishing effective operational processes, cross functional coordination, and executive stakeholder management and reporting.
– Strong relationship-building and communication skills, paired with experience working closely with senior leaders and cross-functional partners to deliver on key strategic initiatives.
– Ability to deal with ambiguity, clarify priorities and drive change in a dynamic, results-oriented matrixed environment.
– Experience working within e-commerce analytics, consumer market research and / or data science and engineering environments.
– Familiarity with portfolio and pipeline management tools such as Aha! and Jira.
– Degree in research and analytics, product management and / or operational research a plus.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.