Imagine working closely with many of the world’s largest entertainment agencies, music labels, streaming platforms, brands, and broadcasters worldwide to help them better understand their fans and how they are consuming their content across devices, screens and live experiences
Who we are:
MRC Data (formerly Nielsen Music) is a trusted adviser and partner in consumer intelligence, helping our clients worldwide to maximize their commercial success. With our expansive suite of products and services, MRC Data is uniquely positioned to provide insights and intelligence which help drive more effective decision making for clients.
What you’ll do:
To support our strong growth, MRC Data is seeking a talented market research professional to contribute to a primary research team. The role includes serving as a research methodology expert, and overseeing the full cycle of various research projects: from scoping, pricing, and proposals to questionnaire writing, fieldwork, and analysis. Research programs will include syndicated and custom research programs, primarily in the Music industry with potential to include other Entertainment verticals.
- Lead execution and delivery of custom research projects
- Serve as custom and syndicated research methodology expert
- Design, manage and provide strategic vision for client research programs; primarily quantitative, with some qualitative
- Contribute to revenue growth in collaboration with the sales teams; contribute to client proposals with methodology, timelines, and pricing
- Manage external vendor relationships on a project basis – sample providers, programmers, translators, etc.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree
- 5-7 years of experience in custom quantitative and qualitative methodologies with the ability to design custom research projects from scratch
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven track record of executing all phases of a research project, including new business proposals, custom research survey design, survey/data QC, data analysis and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex things in a simple, accessible way – both verbally and visually
- Client and commercial mindset, with a proven sales track record in relation to the type of projects described above
- Strong collaboration skills, particularly in relation to working in a matrix organization across virtual teams
- Energetic, confident self-starter, who will work with minimal supervision and a great deal of flexibility
- Ability to prioritize effectively and see multiple projects to a successful conclusion
- While this is not a data science role, general understanding of advanced analytics will be an asset – as will previous experience of working alongside data scientists
- Fully competent in utilizing research analytics tools (Excel, PPT, Google G Suite); SPSS, Q, DISPLAYR is a plus.
MRC is a diversified global entertainment company with divisions including Film, Television, Live & Alternative and Non-Fiction as well as joint ventures in data and publishing.
MRC Television is the largest and most award-winning independent TV studio in North America with a current slate that includes: “Ozark” on Netflix; “The Great” on Hulu; the upcoming Amazon series “The Terminal List” starring Chris Pratt; for Apple TV+: “The Shrink Next Door” starring Will Ferrell and Paul Rudd and “Shining Girls” starring Elisabeth Moss.
MRC Live & Alternative is one of the largest global producers of live televised event programming,. Tentpole live event series through its dick clark productions include the “Golden Globe Awards,” “Academy of Country Music Awards,” the “American Music Awards,” the “Billboard Music Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest,” “Streamy Awards,” and 16-time Emmy Award-winning series “So You Think You Can Dance.”
MRC Film is known for championing singular filmmakers and emerging directors to make high-quality distinctive films. Projects include one of the highest grossing original comedies of all-time, “Ted,” the Oscar and Golden Globe nominated “Knives Out,” written and directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Johnson and Ram Bergman, starring an ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas and Jamie Lee Curtis, the Oscar nominated “Baby Driver,” Oscar winning “Babel,” and the comedy “The Lovebirds,” directed by Michael Showalter and starring Kumail Nanjiani and Issa Rae, currently on Netflix.
MRC Non-Fiction works with a diverse group of artists to develop, finance and produce feature documentaries and docuseries for global audiences. Projects includes: Edgar Wright’s debut documentary feature “Sparks Brothers” about the legendary American rock/ pop duo, which premiered at Sundance Film Festival and was acquired by Focus Features; “The Last Rider,” which chronicles the story of cyclist Greg LeMond, from acclaimed director Alex Holmes; and the “Untitled Sly Stone” project, which follows the story of groundbreaking artist Sly Stone, from director Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson.
MRC and PMC have formed a publishing joint venture and a strategic content partnership with brands The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Billboard, Rolling Stone, Vibe and Music Business Worldwide. MRC and PMC’s data venture brings together MRC Data, Alpha Data and Variety Business Intelligence. MRC owns a majority stake in Civic Center Media, A-Major Media and has minority investments in A24, Fulwell 73, Sugar23 and T-Street.
For more information on MRC Entertainment™ please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com.
No Phone Calls. No agencies please.
Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
MRC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org