Commitment: FTE start ASAP
Location: Redwood City (CA), Jersey City (NJ), or Salt Lake City (UT). Must work onsite 2-3 days/week
Total Cash Compensation (Salary + Bonus):
Jersey City: Base + bonus is $165-180K
Redwood City: Base + bonus is $170-190K
Salt Lake City: Base + bonus is $130-145K
EM Marketing is working with a high-growth FinTech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking. By combining industry-leading technology and security with the team’s expertise and care, they’ve helped 200,000+ businesses, funding more than $9 billion since 2013. Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. Our client is hiring problem solvers and collaborators to join a meaningful mission.
The client is looking for their first Head of Research and Competitive Intelligence to build a best-in-class Research function. You will be a trusted advisor to the business, owning the market, competitor, prospect, and customer insights that help identify growth opportunities and fuel product roadmap, partnership, and marketing initiatives. As part of your charter, you’ll establish an active feedback loop with our customers, implement research best practices, standardize and centralize research initiatives, and identify the need for and launch strategic programs. You’ll continuously vet new sources of information, research methodologies, and regularly distill those insights and recommendations across the organization. Finally, you have a knack for turning insights into narrative and a passion for helping small businesses thrive by bringing their voices to the strategic decision process.
- Drive quantitative and qualitative voice of the customer research, fueling product roadmap development, positioning, and GTM strategy.
- Conduct in-depth analysis of competitors, industries, markets, technologies and provide executive staff with regular reports on the organization’s position in the market and associated opportunities.
- Establish and manage the voice of the customer customer feedback loop programs including a customer advisory board.
- Develop a customer insights library to standardize, centralize, and distill information across the organization.
- Identify insights-based thought leadership opportunities and partner with the Content team to bring these to life.
- Ensure research follows best practices in methodology, reporting, and storytelling.
- Manage the research budget and calendar ensuring it reflects cross-functional partner needs
- Evaluate, onboard, and manage vendors and agencies based on needs.
- BA/BS degree with 7-10 years of experience in research, competitive intelligence, or voice of the customer ideally with a fintech background.
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative market research skills, including competitive patterning, data analysis, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendations.
- Proven track record of driving company action and spearheading new initiatives based on insights.
- Proven success in using data to tell a story; including the ability to draw and synthesize insights from multiple different sources.
- Strong written and verbal communicator with the ability to distill learning into simple, easy and clear actionable insights.
If interested, please complete this Google form to be considered for this opportunity.