Welcome to the Wonks list. Below please find the list guidelines.
RESEARCH WONKS LIST GUIDELINES
The Research Wonks is a discussion forum for professionals specialized in online media research and measurement. It is a free forum that is supported by sponsorship.
* If in doubt for any reason, run your post by the admins before you hit send. EMAIL ADDRESS PENDING
* List management (subscriptions, removals, email address problems) is all administered manually by Rick Bruner and Stefan Tornquist. If you have any issues, contact us directly at EMAIL ADDRESS PENDING
* To post to the list (i.e., the message will be copied to all subscribers), write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only registered list members can post to that address.
* All posts come with “[Wonks]” at the start of the email subject line, so you can readily recognize them as list messages and set up email filters accordingly.
* You must post from the same email address we have on file. Please use a personal email address, as they tend to change less frequently than work addresses.
* Members can post jobs at their own organizations, but please consider taking advantage of the Jobs Board feature to get your job included in the weekly email and featured on the site. It’s a bargain and it helps Wonks stay free and add features.
* Please avoid overt self-promotion. If someone posts looking for a CDP expert and you’re a CDP expert, let them know. But if you’ve added a new business line and want the list to know about it, sponsor the Wonks and help us help you.
* Keep discussions confidential on the list. This as a place for us to freely debate research-oriented issues without fear that those discussions may get forwarded to the media or any other outside parties. That said, use common sense when posting. If you’re going to say something outrageous consider the consequences of it getting forwarded before you post (this is the Internet, after all).
Egregious violators will be de-listed. This is particularly true for blogging, journalism and other pass-along social media. All discussions here are understood to be off-the-record unless otherwise approved in writing by individuals being quoted.
* Please avoid detailed conversations about pricing, lest anyone get the idea to accuse us of industry collusion.
* Politics, cat photos and graduation news have many homes on the internet, but this isn’t one of them. Please remember that the service and features are free thanks to our sponsors, who appreciate supporting a civil, focused discussion.
* This is a private, business discussion group. If your posts are disruptive in the subjective opinion of the admins, we reserve the right to de-list you.